I've been really bad about keeping lists of what T has been up to as far as milestones and new developments so, here we go:
- she can now step off of the curb by herself (no more reaching for our helping hands)
- she can throw very well and practices often with pinecones and blocks
- she plays with us. for instance, last night I was sitting on the couch and she was running around in front of me playing and she suddenly stopped, put her hands over her face and then began peeking out from behind a few fingers that she had spread apart. At first I didn't get what she was doing but, once she started tilting her head to the side and giggling at me, I caught on. Joe and I constantly peek at her from behind things and she thinks it's hilarious...now she's the one doing the peeking. =)
- instead of a baby that settles with the fact that something is out of reach and moves on for something else to play with. T, now, wants to find a way to get to it...which means she's stacking, scaling and climbing furniture.
I now find it funny to know that this is what people were talking about when they said, "oh, she'll be into everything!" When I first started hearing that I would think, no, our house is baby proof and there's no more for her to get into when she's walking that she could have when she was crawling. And certainly, I was right, we're baby proofed and there's not anything within reach that she shouldn't have. But, she's finding ways to get to the things out of reach. *ugh* Kids are rotten. =)
- she talks baby jargon constantly and uses her hands to help tell the story. She also pushes her lips out like this when she talks.
- she gives big, open- mouthed, slobbery kisses very selectively. the cats always gets kisses, along with her toy puppies, her grandma's in eastern oregon got them lots, shelly got some yesterday. joe and i get them, oh maybe once a month.
- she answer yes and no questions by nodding. =) love that.
And that's all that I can think of for now.
Tomorrow is going to be a great day! Shelly is shutting down the shop, Karen is celebrating a birthday, and we're scrapbooking all day!
Have a happy day. =)